Why scheduling is important ?
As we know our site traffic depends on search engines results (Google,Bing,Yahoo etc.,) ,they actually send robots to crawl the site to get to know whether the site’s content is updated or not.If the content is updated constantly we get a good results in the search.So we need to update the site constantly.But here comes the trouble for many of bloggers because sometimes we cannot update as it needs to be .
The majority of bloggers try to follow a publishing schedule. They post once a month, once a week or once a day. In WordPress, you can schedule posts to go live at a particular time and date, so you don’t need to be at your computer (or even awake) when the post goes live. Here’s how.
In the WordPress backend, go to the Edit screen for the post you wish to schedule.
- In the top-right of the page, look for a box titled “Publish,” where you’ll find an option that reads “Publish immediately.”
- Click the blue “Edit” text next to “Publish immediately” and choose the month, date, year and time you want your post to be published.
- Click the gray “OK” button.
- The “Publish immediately” text should now change to “Schedule for,” with whatever date and time you have chosen.
- If you’re ready to go, click the blue “Schedule” button (formerly “Publish”). Your post is set to go.